Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sunrise/Sunset

People who think African hunting is wholly or primarily about bagging a trophy don’t understand the experience which is "Africa." The more time I’m blessed to spend in this remarkable land, the more I appreciate it’s unique beauty, resilient people and amazing wildlife. If there’s a scientific explanation for the undescribable sunrises and sunsets, I certainly don’t know what it is. What I do know is the twilight and dawn hours in the bush are stunning. In 2008 I spent 8 nights of the 16 in the bush at the Masau camp on the Zambezi River. This camp is immediately on the River at the Mozambique boarder. As such, these sunrise photos show the sun appearing over the Mozambique mountains. Across the river is Zambia and the photos are taken from Zimbabwean soil; truly an international image.
Villagers travel the river in a traditional dugout canoe.










Fog lifting off the river










Taken literally from the front door of my chalet.
























Sunset over Zambia










Another


2 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow, what an amazing opportunity to experience.

Matt said...

You are so lucky, i would love to see these scenes in person. Not really into hunting, but i'd love to do it if it I got to go there!